Right Start Summer Camp
Multi Sport Summer Camp
Summer Volleyball Academy
@ HOME SUMMER SPORTS ACTIVITIES
- Parents looking for a break?
- Do your children need to get out and be active?
- We have 90-minute sessions for you and your athlete!
- Select the activities, day and time and we will be their with our trained staff!
More more information or to book a time contact firstname.lastname@example.org
@ HOME 1-WEEK SUMMER SPORTS CAMP
Purpose: To provide both instruction in physical literacy/ basic sport skill and academic practice with supervised care for children in a safe environment during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Concept:small group format of 3-8 children from 2-3 families.
- 1 instructor per group
- @ home/ local community environment
- Instruction in physical literacy concepts
- Opportunity to maintain/ practice academic skills
COVID-19 @ HOME SPORTS SUMMER CAMP Our Camp is designed to encourage a healthy active lifestyle through developing proper fundamental movement and physical literacy skills with a focus on character development. Our program provides the opportunity for participants to learn the importance of respect, fairness, cooperation, responsibility, acceptance, and perseverance through a series of activities that are easily adapted to meet all skill levels. Our program helps children learn new skills in a variety of sports, gaining confidence in ones abilities and fostering a lifelong love of physical activities among all participants regardless of their level of physical development and training experience.
Issues to Consider:
- Access to a washroom that can be cleaned after each use.
- Will need to have a “Home Base” that we can quickly get to in an emergency from station location.
- Extra staff to provide emergency bathroom situations, versus packing everyone up in the middle of a lesson.
- Continuous bad weather. As there most likely be no public facility available to rent we will rely on the home, the garage is a safe zone but does not promote optimal physical movement. Thus, we will need to dress for the weather! In severe cases the day may need to be cancelled “Snow Day”.
- Importance of proper handwashing and sanitizing when handwashing not possible. Everyone will need to supply their own COVID-19 Supplies: sanitizer, soap and towel
- We are in contact with Ottawa Public Health to get a proper protocol for this type of event.
- Importance of Parent checking child before bringing them to the camp and/ or coming to pick them up if staff deem them as a risk. Safety First!
* There are no refunds once the week of registration begins unless the camp is forced to shut down becasue of health concerns, or policy from the government. Then there will be a refund based on the days missed.
** A refund will be issued minus a 25% admin fee if reguested prior to the start of the week registered for.
8:30 – Meet at set location (garage of one family)
8:40 – Temperature Testing and health screening
9:30 – Station #1
10:45 – Snack/ academic time
11:45 – Free Play
12:30 – Lunch
12:45 – quiet time: arts and crafts/ non electronic games/ reading
1:30 – Station #2
3:00 – Snack/ quiet time
3:15 – Free Play
4:30 – gather a departing location
- After meeting at the designated Home Base and doing the COVID-19 Health Check the day will start with Station #1, an instruction-based activity. The location of the activity will depend on the activity type and weather. (see Table)
- From there group will return to home base for a bathroom break and snack. After that the children will spend the next 45 minutes working on academics (the Great Canadian Curriculum book as a suggestion for their appropriate grade level). Staff will be present to support the children and guide them through the exercises.
- After the academic time it is time to get moving with free play. This may involve a bike ride, a walk in the neighbourhood, free time at the park with a ball, etc or swim time a local private pool. The pool will have a lifeguard to provide appropriate supervision along with the group counselor.
- We will have lunch in the shade or at the home base.
- Quiet time will follow where children will have access to arts & crafts, quiet reading, board games/ puzzles, but no electronics!
- Next, we will move to Station #2, an instruction-based activity. The location of the activity will depend on the activity type and weather. (see Table)
- We will follow that up with a quick snack and bathroom break.
- Finally, we will finish the day with active free time where sporting equipment will be provided for children to create their own activities.
- At the end of the day we will gather back at the “Home base” or have parent’s pick up their children at our last venue.
Our Camp is designed to encourage a healthy active lifestyle through developing proper fundamental movement and physical literacy skills with a focus on character development. Our program provides the opportunity for participants to learn the importance of respect, fairness, cooperation, responsibility, acceptance, and perseverance through a series of activities that are easily adapted to meet all skill levels. Our program helps children learn new skills in a variety of sports, gaining confidence in ones abilities and fostering a lifelong love of physical activities among all participants regardless of their level of physical development and training experience.
Summer Camp will provide instruction and participation in the following sports.
-Golf: Learn To Train Group
-Cycling: FUNdamentals Group
****Our cycling segment is scheduled for Wednesday and will have Thursday and then Friday as replacement days for inclement weather.****Participants are required to bring a helmet and bike that they are comfortable riding without the direct supervision of a staff member (Training wheels are encouraged if required by the child). If the participant would like to pass on the cycling portion of the camp we will arrange alternate activities for that portion of the camp.
Participants: 6 – 12 Years Old
- FUNdamentals Group: 6-9 year olds
- Learn To Train Group: 10-12 year olds
Camp Dates: Aug 17th – 21st, 2020
Times: 8:30 – 4:30pm
- Early Drop off 8:00 am and Late Pick-up 5:00 pm, Available
Location: Fielding Drive PS
Cost: $240 +HST
- spots are limited
To Register please complete the below Payment form via PayPal.
When completed payment you will be directed to another form that will provide us with your full registration details.
Once you have completed payment you will be redirected to the registration form.
Early Bird Registration: Open Until April 1st
Before and After Care Payment